Infographics are a powerful tool for marketing on Pinterest, as they are eye-catching, easily shareable, and can quickly communicate information to users. To optimize your infographics for Pinterest and maximize their reach, follow these five tips:
1. Size it right: Pinterest recommends using an aspect ratio for infographics of 2:3 or 1:3.5, with a minimum width of 600 pixels and a maximum width of 735 pixels. This ensures your infographic fits well within Pinterest’s layout and maintains its clarity when resized.
2. Use appealing visuals: Pinterest is a highly visual platform, so make sure your infographics are aesthetically pleasing and attention-grabbing. Incorporate appealing colors, fonts, and images that align with your brand and the message you want to convey.
3. Optimize the title and description: When uploading your infographic, make sure to use a descriptive and keyword-rich title that accurately reflects its content. Additionally, provide a detailed description that includes relevant keywords to enhance its discoverability in Pinterest’s search results.
4. Add your branding: Make your infographics easily recognizable and shareable by adding your brand logo or watermark. This helps increase awareness of your brand when users save and share your infographic, potentially driving more traffic to your website or social media profiles.
5. Include a call-to-action: Encourage users to take action by including a clear call-to-action within your infographic. Whether it is to visit your website, sign up for a newsletter, or explore more content, a well-placed call-to-action can help drive engagement and conversions.
FAQs about optimizing infographics for Pinterest:
1. Can I use vertical or square infographics on Pinterest?
Yes, you can use vertical or square infographics on Pinterest. However, make sure they meet Pinterest’s recommended aspect ratio to ensure optimal visibility and user experience.
2. How can I make my infographics more shareable?
To make your infographics more shareable, consider adding “Pin It” buttons or social media sharing buttons directly on the infographic itself. This makes it easier for users to save and share your content with their followers.
3. Should I use keywords in the infographic image file name?
Yes, using relevant keywords in the file name of your infographic can help improve its discoverability. However, make sure to keep the file name concise and descriptive.
4. Can I repurpose existing content into infographics for Pinterest?
Absolutely! Repurposing existing content, such as blog posts or reports, into infographics is a great way to engage Pinterest users with visually appealing content and drive traffic to your website or blog.
5. How often should I create and share infographics on Pinterest?
The frequency of creating and sharing infographics on Pinterest depends on your content strategy and available resources. However, aim for a consistent schedule to keep your audience engaged and maintain a presence on the platform.
6. Can I embed infographics directly on my website or blog?
Yes, you can embed infographics directly on your website or blog by using HTML code provided by Pinterest. This allows visitors to share your infographics easily and increases their potential reach.
7. Are there any infographic design tools that can help me optimize for Pinterest?
Yes, there are several infographic design tools available that can help you create visually appealing and optimized infographics for Pinterest. Some popular options include Canva, Venngage, and Piktochart.
To optimize your infographics for Pinterest, carefully consider the size, visuals, branding, and call-to-action. Additionally, ensure you use proper keywords in the title, description, and image file name to enhance discoverability. By following these tips and utilizing available design tools, you can increase the visibility and engagement of your infographics on Pinterest.